Today I want to share this fresh appetizer idea with you. It's made with Wild Planet Albacore Tuna, which contains six times more the valuable Omega-3 and less than ½ the mercury than any of the big three tuna brands because only smaller, individually-caught Pacific Northwest Albacore are used (smaller fish have less time to bioaccumulate mercury). This recipe is easy to make and works well as a simple party appetizer.
Wild Planet Tuna & White Bean Crostini
2 cans Wild Planet Albacore Tuna, undrained
½ can small white beans, rinsed and drained
½ cup seeded and chopped fresh tomato
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp lemon juice, or to taste
Best quality olive oil, for drizzling
Place tuna, including juice from cans, into a medium bowl and lightly flake with a fork. Add beans, tomato, parsley and lemon juice, mix gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil just before serving.
Reader Giveaway: One lucky Jinxy Knows Best reader will win a free product coupon for Wild Planet Albacore Tuna. To enter, just fill out the form below with your name and e-mail address.
To tweet about the giveaway, you can use: RT @ThriftyJinxy Enter the Jinxy Knows Best #giveaway to win Wild Planet Tuna from @wildplanetfoods http://bit.ly/ev3kS9 - Please RT!
Extra entries: Be sure to fill out the form again for each extra entry.
- Subscribe via e-mail (see upper right hand corner).
- Follow me in Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Twitter, Networked Blogs or RSS feed. (Leave name you follow with.)
- Blog about this giveaway (5 extra entries).
- Share this giveaway through Twitter, Facebook or Stumble. (Leave link in comments.)
- Leave a comment on a non-giveaway post or on Facebook.
- Rate Jinxy Knows Best on Alexa.
Disclosure: Recipe and reader coupon provided by Wild Planet Foods. I did not receive any product or compensation for this post.
** Congrats to our Winner, Deb C. **